Chepstow Walkers are Welcome are delighted to be celebrating their 1st Anniversary with a Celebration Walking Weekend on 5-7 April 2013. The weekend offers a taste of all that Chepstow and the surrounding areas have to offer.
Programme of Events:
Friday 5th April
- Monmouthshire Youth Walk Chepstow to National Diving Centre 3 miles with optional Zip Wire
- Fountain and Fort St Arvans back to Chepstow 6 miles
Saturday 6th April
- Offa’s Dyke Path Tintern to Chepstow 8 miles. Transport provided to start point.
- Tutshill to Wintours Leap 3 miles
- Lancaut Peninsula supported by Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust 5 miles
- Chepstow Town Trail supported by Chepstow Civic Society
- Singing Group of Chepstow in Beaufort Square from 4.45pm
- Balloon Launch in Beaufort Square
- Buffet at Beaufort Hotel followed by a complimetnary viewing of Arthur’s Dyke film starring Pauline Quirke and Brian Conley
Sunday 7th April
- Walk the length of St Tewdrics Trail Tintern to Mathern Transport to and from start/finish points
- Caerwent Roman Settlements Supported by Cadw
- Dog lovers walk in the woods at Fedw.
Our newly launched “Chepstow Spy Trail” ideal for families will be running across all 3 days. The trail around Chepstow has been especially complied by Treasure Trails and includes a bespoke competition activity for all the family. Spy Trail packs are available for purchase from Chepstow Tourist Information Centre.
Herbert Lewis of Chepstow are supporting us by offering buy one coffee get one free in their tearooms plus 10% off anything in store to all those taking part in our on Walking Celebrations!
We are also delighted to announce that Monmouthshire County Council are supporting us by offering complimentary car parking on Friday & Saturday for those that take part in our Walking Celebration.
For full information on all our events and to book online visit www.walksinchepstow.co.uk or you can book through Chepstow Tourist Information Centre: Call 01291 623772 or 07760195320
Follow Chepstow Walkers are Welcome on Facebook & Twitter